We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Brief hangs when on the Internet

Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Windows 7

When I'm using my PC offline it's a whizz. But as soon as I go on line it's a different story. Straight away, whatever site I'm on hangs for just a few seconds. The little blue circle goes round a few time, like it's loading something. Then the page gives a little jump and it's ok. Until I either turn the page or go to another website. Then it's the same again and again?

It's a bit like trying to watch a video on YouTube, when sometimes it keeps stopping due to buffering?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I was just thinking it might be a conflict between Avast and it but if your wife's setup is the same then it won't be that.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

It's 3 hours since I put the PC on today. JAVA is still activated and I can now see the Bold, Italic etc icons along the top of the box I'm typing this in and more than that I can also use them. with no hangs or slowness, until now.

I just got a heads up from Scotty the Windows Watchdog, (WinPatrol) asking me...

"Do you approve the addition of this IE helper?

Press YES if this Internet Explorer Add-On is allowed.

Java(TM) Platform SE 7 U15

C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\ssv.dll

As soon as I was asked the page got a little sticky, but not now, because I of course pressed NO because I don't use IE.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Is it just the PCA site that you are having problems with now are all other sites Ok.

Is it Ok using I/E or whatever other browser you have.

If only Firefox maybe you have some of your settings wrong.Have you tried disabling your add ons one at a time to see if any of them causing the problem.

Have you updated the filter list recently on AdBlocker.

Have you tried deleting Firefox then installing it again to see if that would help

If I remember right I had the same problem with version 18 of firefox it was taking a lot longer to show pages.

It looked like I had updated Firefox with the US version on top of the English version 17.

I have had no problems since.

Not sure why some of the tools don't work for you but you are not alone some cannot green tick a post and others with different problems,Not sure if all the problems have been solved or not but I have no problem with PCA.Occasionally it can be a bit slow but I can't complain with it running at the moment.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

"the page got a little sticky, but not now,"

I spoke too soon, it's still doing it. There is also something else i forgot to ment at the onset of all this. When I copt and past anything from one of the other posts, either mine or someone elses, I don't just get what I'm copying, but also when I copied and pasted the bold line at the top of this posting I also got this...

Read more: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4211851/brief-hangs-when-on-the-internet/?ob=datea&pn=4#ixzz2LpR3X88S

It's been happening since all this lagging and hanging began?

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

It would seem that depending upon what programmes I use I am having a similar problem off line also. There isn't any lag or stickyness, but some programmes aren't opening as quickly as they used to and the blue circle is present.

I've only just noticed this problem off line, mainly because I've been having a sound problem. You may have seen one of my other threads. Sometimes the sound is really quiet and sometimes really loud. This have been monopolizing most of my time of late. I supposed these things could all be connected.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...