We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

wifi suddenly failed with laptop, but still working with iphone

bionictorquewrench

Likes # 0

I have a Netgear N300 wireless router. My laptop is Sonay Viao, running Windows 7.
This morning my internet was unreliable, and dropping every minute or so. Trying to trouble shoot, I switched the router off then on again. Now I have no wireless signal between my laptop and router. The router doesn't seem to be recognising the security password. I have not changed the password - this is still the original password for the router.
Other devices are still talking wirelessly to the router.

Any suggestions? Help much appreciated.

Kind regards, Anthony White

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You could try to renew your IP address

Start type in cmd Click on the black cmd icon type in ipconfig /release press enter type in ipconfig /renew press enter

You need to make sure that there is a space between before the back slash

restart your laptop.

Like this post
brendon pitts

Likes # 0

change the wireless password to wpa on the router

if you say other wireless are connected and not getting disconnected that is some thing to check on your computer try changing the wireless mode on the laptop you can set it to g&b or you can set it to N band that should resolve the problem

Like this post
bionictorquewrench

Likes # 0

Thanks for the replies. I eventually deleted all my wireless connections and reestablished them, and then it all worked again.

Kind regards, Anthony White

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...