We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Blank Message Body in Outlook Express

axelbrora

Likes # 0

Hi all,

I am using Windows XP SP3 and Internet Explorer 8. After removing a few tool bars from IE8, I discovered that the body of all my emails in Outlook Express were blank. The header and subject lines are there but nothing in the message window.

I have tried the "regsvr32 inetcomm.dll" fix and also changing the font to Western ISO and it makes no difference. I have also run virus and malware scans with lots of different programmes and found nothing. I reset IE8 and when it made no difference I then reinstalled it and it is still the same. I have tried forwarding a few of the blank emails to a friend's account and they are still blank. This is the case with all of my emails new and old and both in and out, all blank.

Can anyone help?

Axel

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Changed the default location of the stored messages.

Created a folder called Outlook Express. C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Outlook Express

Click the following in Outlook Express: Tools > Options > Maintenance Locate this: Click here to change the location of your message store. Click on "Store Folder..." Click "Change" Navigate to the folder you created and hi-light it. Click "OK" Click "OK" Reboot.

It will rebuild your message store to the chosen one upon restarting Outlook Express.

Like this post
axelbrora

Likes # 0

Thanks, I will try that when I get home.

Will that also allow me to view my currently blank emails?

Axel

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Hopefully yes

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...