We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson R220 keeps 'spitting' CD/DVD tray out when trying to print?

buel

Likes # 0

Hi, After some utterly brilliant help from FruitBat and Spuds last night with my old R285 printer, I thought Id dig out my R220 and try the same 'cure'. Unfortunately this did not work but id still like a bit of help if someone has any ideas please?

Basically, when i try to load a CD or DVD to print, the printer takes the tray in, thinks about it for a while, takes it all in, brings it back, the printer head looks as if it is about to print on the CD/DVD and then spits the tray out again. This happens over and over and it never actually prints.

Please could i have some ideas please?

Thank you.

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Hi anyone?

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Make sure there is enought clearance at the back to allow the tray to emerge fully, its a fairly common problem

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If the above suggestion fails, then check that the cd/dvd is installed correctly or as a 'correct and compatible type of disk with appropriate writing capacity'. There are some unsuitable disks that will end up as coasters or tea mats. Are you using the same type of disks, without having previous problems?.

Another possible suggestion: Uninstall the printer from the computer, then reinstall as a new device, using the latest appropriate driver.

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Thank you. There is plenty of room behind the printer. The DVDs are fine and work fine on the repaired R285. The software that works perfect on the R285 is the same software that I use on the R220?

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Hi,

Any more ideas how to solve this problem? There is plenty of room at the back of the printer and the same software lets my R285 print perfectly?

Like this post
LastChip

Likes # 0

What happens if you print a page first (just a few lines) and then try and print a CD?

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Ah, exactly the same im afraid- it takes the tray in, feeds it out until the cd is being 'checked over' by the ink heads....and then spits it all out. So frustrating!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made