We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Transfer photos from camera to PC

ponytail

Likes # 0

I am trying to transfer some photos from my wifes camera to her but having a few problems.Her camera is a Nikon Coolpix S8200.I have followed the manuals instruction.Turn camera off connect to PC using the supplied USB cable but nothing appears on the screen anyone have any ideas

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Maybe a silly question BUT have you turned the camera back on ?

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi iscanut2 the camea turns on automatically when it is connected to the PC with the USB lead

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Is there an option on the camera you need to choose to tell it to connect via USB? I know that's the case when I'm transferring pictures from my wife's phone.

If all else fails, go get a 99p USB card reader from your local 99p store and put the memory card from the camera in that. Not elegant, but cheap - and very, very straightforward.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi ian in northampton I do have a card reader which works fine can the photos be tranfered rom the reader to the PC if so hat is the procedure.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

When you connect the camera it will normally appear as a drive/folder under the Computer/My computer icon.

can the photos be tranfered from the reader to the PC

The same applies it should show up as a drive/folder if it doesn't appear directly on the desktop.

Read more: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4211657/transfer-photos-from-camera-to-pc/#ixzz2LYbdx767

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

As above in Last Post, but when you connect the Camera, check the Camera LCD screen as it may ask how you want to use the camera i.e; As a Web cam or for Data etc

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

As BT has said: just plug the USB card reader into an available USB port (having first put the memory card into the reader). It should open a dialog box on your desk top, asking you what you wnat to do with the files. If it doesn't, or alternatively, it will show up as a disk drive in My Computer/Windows Explorer. You can then treat the files like any other files: I'd suggest you want to copy them off the memory card and into an appropriately named folder on your PC. Tip: make sure they've copied properly (i.e. view them) before deleting the original images off the memory card.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger