We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Transfer photos from camera to PC

ponytail

Likes # 0

I am trying to transfer some photos from my wifes camera to her but having a few problems.Her camera is a Nikon Coolpix S8200.I have followed the manuals instruction.Turn camera off connect to PC using the supplied USB cable but nothing appears on the screen anyone have any ideas

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

After connecting camera to PC did you turn the camera on? What OS have you?

I use Picasa which sees the camera and all I have to do is click on the import button,select images to copy,select a folder to place them and finally click import,job done..

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I'm another fan of Picasa - no camera makers bloatware, easy to use and automatically re-sizes phots for emailing.

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

I see from the specification that the camera has a small internal memory, capable of storing only a few photos. Are the photos you wish to access stored on an SD card? If so, they can be accessed via a card reader, the contents of which will appear in a file in Windows Explorer. Otherwise they should be accessible via the USB connection, whether on card or internal memory, but I guess it may be necessary to load a driver from a CD supplied with the camera to achieve this.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote