We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help with mouse and keyboard connections

//adz_w///

Likes # 0

Hi,

I'm having trouble connecting my computer and mouse to my computer they use a wireless Bluetooth device to connect via USB. The problem is when i boot the computer up it won't connect to the computer no light on the mouse or anything I've tried to pair the devices and it does pick up the devices but I can't move the mouse or do anything on the keyboard to install the devices I've tried two other mice one wireless and one wired the laser on the bottom comes on but again they won't move along the desktop.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Does a normal SB keyboard / mouse work?

Do you have a PS/2 port for keyboard / mouse (green purple)?

What make and model of PC?

What operating system are you using?

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 1

Well I've changed the batteries and the mouse laser comes on so i know it works but it does have a PS/2 port

The keyboard and mouse are wireless they connect to a USB Bluetooth device which connects them to the PC

I'm not to sure of the model but the make is HP the computers about 6 years old. And I'm windows XP

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

I have a wireless keyboard and mouse. The mouse always lights up once it is switched on, even if the PC is switched off, so I suspect that you may have a battery problem for that one. Similarly, you will need to check the batteries in you keyboard (although POST will still report no keyboard found once this is working). You will need to have completely booted into Windows for your installed wireless drivers to be loaded and then both should work.

However, you may still have problems if your receiver and sender units cannot 'see' one another. This is most likely if your receiver is simply plugged into the back of the PC (so the radio waves have to penetrate the metal box). You should check this by initially having your receiver and keyboard/mouse within a couple of inches of each other. You may need to plug your blue-tooth receiver into a USB extension cable to achieve this. Once you have achieve communication, you can then move your receiver around to more comfortable locations until you find the best overall result. Bear in mind that line of sight is also the best option.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

If you have a ps2 keyboard -

switch off then plug it in (do not connect / disconnect PS2 with PC switched on)

Boot to BIOS and ensure USB legacy for DOS is enabled, this will ensure USb devices work before windows boots.

switch off - Remove PS2 keyboard connect USb devices and retry.

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

I've recently changed the batteries in the keyboard and the mouse so they should be working fine. I've tried two other mices and they haven't been picked up either could there're be summit up with the USB port itself because when I boot up the system they don't do anything isn't USB plug and play anyway?

As for the receiver it's a USB connection to the tower a wire runs down behind the desk and the receiver itself is set next to the monitor which is a few inches from the keyboard and mouse so I don't get why it doesn't work

I can't do anything at all because the mouse and keyboard don't respond when I boot up

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

I've recently changed the batteries in the keyboard and the mouse so they should be working fine. I've tried two other mices and they haven't been picked up either could there're be summit up with the USB port itself because when I boot up the system they don't do anything isn't USB plug and play anyway?

As for the receiver it's a USB connection to the tower a wire runs down behind the desk and the receiver itself is set next to the monitor which is a few inches from the keyboard and mouse so I don't get why it doesn't work

I can't do anything at all because the mouse and keyboard don't respond when I boot up

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

6yrs old XP

I suspect the CMOS battery has fail and the BIOS has reset to default and USB legacy is disabled, this is why your USB keyboard mouse will not work

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

Ahh yeah could be how do I fix that problem ?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Does it have a PS2 port?

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

Yeah it does

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad