We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Transfer of photos from PC to I Pad

iscanut2
Resolved

Likes # 0

After having taken photos on my camera, I am able to transfer them to my I Pad from the SD card with the appropriate connector. However, when I copy photos from my Windows PC to an SD card and then try and transfer to the I Pad, the card and photos are not recognised and no transfer is possible. It makes no difference as to the size or type of SD card. The question is therefore how can I transfer photos stored on my PC to my I Pad ?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

An easy way is to use iTunes. I set iTunes to manually synch as the "mother" PC is also used by grandchildren with iPads. In iTunes, Preferences, Devices ,tick the box "Prevent iPods, Ipads etc from auto synch".Then I would make a folder with the photos you want to transfer to the iPad on your windows PC. I actually have a folder also used for a photo frame. I redeuce the resolution from my normal 300 dpi used for printing, to 72 dpi as this is the max resolution for screens. It may be the iPad does this last automatically but I am not sure, but my method ensures that the pictures do not take up too much space. Then connect the iPad with iTunes open. On the photos tab, which should then appear, browse to find the folder you want and synch it.I actually do the music and films in a similar way as my grandchildren have different tastes .

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Ps the photos tab only appears when the iPad is connected. I have a few REuced size (1gig) DVD's which I treat similarly (ie not in the iTunes media folder)

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Thanks John, will give that a try.

Like this post
brambles

Likes # 0

iscanut2 - Why don't you try DROPBOX.

Install Dropbox on your Computer

Install Dropbox as a free App on your iPad

Now any photos you drag into your DROPBOX on the computer will automatically be transfered to DROPBOX on your iPAD

You can transfer documents too! Brambles

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Thanks brambles..will try that also.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Another one, which I have not tried is iPhoto :

iPhoto but I think my original suggestion is simpler.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Dropbox free has a limit of 16Gb which should be fine for most iPads however if your upload speed is low then it can take some time to transfer. The quickest way is to transfer via usb through iTunes. You can also use photostream via iCloud see how to use photostream

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I've used iPhoto a few times and as far as I am aware you have to sync via iTunes or Photostream.

Like this post
dwe

Likes # 0

E mail them to yourself and then save them

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

E mail limit is too small to email lots of photos, especially as they are 3 to 5 Mbytes a time. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded