We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Advice on basic new printer

nobbyhigo

Likes # 0

i am looking for a bog standard printer i will be printing the odd black text doc. i am not bothered about fancy allin ones WIFI would be a treat My last printer was "listen" a HP 930 and it was great Any suggestions please

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If you are looking for bog standard, then consider the price of replacement cartridges first, because this is what makes a bog standard printer expensive.

There are many printers out there, that will cater for most needs, with a price tag from about £39.99 (possibly including wifi into that).

I have a number of different make printer's, mainly 4-1 type. The one I am using in the main is a Brother DCP-135C which uses compatible cartridges at about 50 pence each. This printer is a brilliant piece of kit, and cost £39.99 delivered direct from Rymans. This model as possibly been replaced by a similar model by now?.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Stop running out of cellular data on your iPhone, see which apps use the most data