We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

double bleep on samsung laptop

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

using w8 on a samsung np700 laptop. when opening some programs get a double bleep noise cannot work out how to stop it.

muted the speaker icon turned off windows default sounds

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Hi

Did you start to set it up. Did you have the beeps the first time you booted up. I guess there is a possibility that your setting up has set something that starts the beeping. If you have installed some programs try a system restore to an earlier time and see if the beeps cease.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

At the store handed over the first laptop and given brand new boxed laptop of same type, had hearing aides out at first when setting up so not too sure if bleeps were at the start.

next twist

went to samsung live chat, [had duff advice from them on last week on the phone and email] but the live chat said 2 bleeps at strat up is ok and for opening programs etc. asked how to mute it told to goto bios its clear to see.

well went to bios no trace so back onto samsung chat who now say take it to a service centre for the full bios settings to be made visible, never heard of hidden bios before. its a great laptop but this saga is taken the smile off it quickly.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Please let us know how you go on and ask what the beeps are for.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

been back and forwards between JL and samsung getting fed up with both anyway 3rd laptop replacement coming wed i have asked them to test it before sending out.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Keep us updated please.

When you get the new one check if the beeps are there on first boot up. Then if OK make a Restore Point. As you install your various programs etc keep taking new Restore Points. At least if the beeps return you will then be able to narrow down what is causing them and restore to an earlier point while investigating further.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

on the helpline to samsung in the bios did f9 then f10 and the bleeps stopped but only till the following startup. I see on the web they are now reduced to clear wonder if its a bad batch and they are trying to get shot of them.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

i asked JL to check before delivery that the laptop did not have the same fault they said they would, rang yesterday to confirm they assured me it had been checked and ok.

3rd laptop arrived today, unpack press power button and the faulty bleeps sound, rang JL again they appologised for not checking, exchanging for a 4th tomorrow but before i leave the shop floor will be booting it up.

always had good service from JL do a lot of shopping with them but not impressed with the way they fobbed me off about checking the laptop.

they have 12 in stock wondering how many faulty ones i boot up in store before i get one that works.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Best of luckj. Let us know how you get on.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Why not tell them you are not happy with the laptop, ask to change for a different model

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

thinking if tomorrow is hopless just getting a refund and for getting w8 and a new laptop and back to my slow samsuung netbook.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED