We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

double bleep on samsung laptop

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

using w8 on a samsung np700 laptop. when opening some programs get a double bleep noise cannot work out how to stop it.

muted the speaker icon turned off windows default sounds

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Good to see you listened to what I said before it went too far

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

woodchip thanks, I did not feel happy about the bleeps but as all checks gave good results and the laptop is very [except for apps] then the tech support told me two bleeps were normal I got taken in with the duff advice from tech support, but luck speaker with a better tech support worker 2nd time around sorted things.

then on the phone the store to arrange a replacement was hard work with awkward people but finally got hold of someone on the service desk that was helpful always had good service from JL in the past.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Sorry but they are definitely NOT normal. You are being conned here.Take it back and insist on them either exchanging it or sorting it out.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Just as a follow up the Sale of Goods Act says that for the first six months you do not have to prove a fault, it is up to the seller to prove it is NOT a fault. How long have you had it.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

took the laptop back today, and was given a new replacement plus £20 in vouchers end result good but had a bit of being messed around.

back to setting it all up again, well at least i know my way around w8 this time making it a lot easier.

thank you those that posted advice

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

took the laptop back today, and was given a new replacement plus £20 in vouchers end result good but had a bit of being messed around.

back to setting it all up again, well at least i know my way around w8 this time making it a lot easier.

thank you those that posted advice

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

At least it was sorted before it was too late.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Glad it is sorted and you can relax without worrying if it is going to go wrong after the warranty has expired

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

new laptop has double bleeps too now. should have tested in store, they can collect this one not going back up to london.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Bet its one that has been taken back before for problem

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...