We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

double bleep on samsung laptop

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

using w8 on a samsung np700 laptop. when opening some programs get a double bleep noise cannot work out how to stop it.

muted the speaker icon turned off windows default sounds

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If the Laptop is still under Warranty, I sugest you return it as it may be a graphics problem that cannot be fixed without fitting a new motherboard

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

woodchip

it has onboard intel graphics and nvida geforce 640m as well. i will ring the store tomorrow, been disappointed with samsung support for notebooks.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

woodchip forgot to mention no error bleeps during boot up post and display is good, but did need a couple of attemps to update drivers

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If these are system beeps then this might help http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-system-beep-windows-7-8

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

chubtor...thanks

the regedit fix to turned the bleeps off seems to have worked, but now got two bleeps during boot up which never had before.

rang the store they said two bleeps was normal during boot up. need another samsung user to confirm now.

sfc and chkdsk all ok

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

device manager list ok too

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I have a Samsung Netbook, get no beeps at all its a NC10 good little Netbook but no idea if it would be same as your notebook as that is different Motherboard and Hardware. For me I would take it back as Faulty

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

woodchip

thanks for your posts to this thread, been back onto the store tech support, spoke to different person who listened to the bleeps over the phone and said straight away the motherboards faulty.

I have arranged to go back up to London and do a straight swap for same model. used up my licence for ms office I hope ms will reinstate it on the new replacement laptop the store said they will, spending today backing up files and cleaning wiping drive, never used ccleaners wipe drive space before its very slow. Friday evening back to installing programs, updates and sorting everything out, the store tech said to ask for vouchers to make up for all the messing around.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Hi

I have an NP700G-7C and just checked and no beeps on boot up or any other time. Definitely fauly M/B

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Good to see you listened to what I said before it went too far

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014