We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Burning a 5+ hour long video onto DVD's

algey

Likes # 0

Hello

Have a video which runs for 5+ hours and would like to burn it onto some DVD's. Can I pause the video after 2 hours,replace with another DVD, and then continue doing this until I have the video in full ?

Type of File :Video Clip (.avi) Size 1.1 GB

Also do I need any particular software to do this ?

Thank You

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

You need something like this.

You can't do it by pausing in the way you suggest.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"Type of File :Video Clip (.avi) Size 1.1 GB"

A dvd-r holds 4.7 GB

Which program are you using to burn to dvd?

Like this post
algey

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

Thanks for the info. Will look into that.

lotvic, haven't got one but will look into the one Forum Editor suggests. Clicking on 'properties' of the video I get the information that the size is 1.1GB, but when I play it the running time is 5+ hours ?

Thanks for your replies.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I use the free DVDFlick list of files supported (as with any free program during install don't forget to untick or tick so you don't get any extra progs installed with it - from memory I think you get offered 'Open Office' or something)

An .avi is just a container the actual files inside could be anything - see the list on my link. As regards the size, not sure about that it depends on the bit rate of the actual files inside the .avi container. Anyway DVDFlick would soon tell you if when it converted it, it was too big for a dvd. Suggest you download the guide .pdf and have a look at it before you decide anything.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'