We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What is 'Quick share', and where did it come from?

mattjs360

Likes # 0

Hi all,

booted up tonight and opened IE9, only to be taken to a page thanking me for installing 'Quick share', also my homepage and default search engine had both been changed to something called 'search.snap.do', at no point has my pc asked for permission to install this or to change settings.

Can anyone shed any light on this.

Only recent activity has been updates to flash and an update to avg files, could there be any link to this?

Thanks for any response

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Most likely come from installing your update to 'flash' - you need to look out for these things in the 'small print' and untick whilst installing. Do a system restore or uninstall via normal route.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Removal - see here enter link description here

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Might be better ignoring that site from northumbri61 it looks like a bad site according to WOT.

Bad Site click here

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Ignore the Spyhunter scan on this as I believe they charge you for removal.

Click here

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Please do not assume that just because a a particular site as bit of online software flags as 'bad' that this is necessarily so. I have Avast webrep and it does not flag this site as dodgy.

Looking at reviews on Anvisoft I cannot find anything that would warrant there forums being tagged by WOT as 'bad'.

So use northumbria61 link, as I cannot see there being any problem in this site whatsoever.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Now you have to ask what if it is webrep that is wrong and it is a dodgy site.

Safest bet would be to leave it alone and use another site.

I have used webrep before along with WOT and both contradict each other at times,Which one is right, I don't take any chances and find a site that has no problems.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'