We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Email client for Win7 that is similar to OE

Batch

Likes # 0

Having just got a Win7 lappie, I'm after an email client that is similar to OE in a couple of respects.

1. A single click does Receive (and ideally Send) for all my email accounts (that are designated to be included, as per the way OE works).

2. All emails from all sources are shown in a combined view.

I've not tried Windows Mail yet, but it has been suggested to me that it doesn't do the above (and looking at some screen shots I can see what is being intimated at).

In addition to the above, I'm assuming that support for POP and SMTP is a given.

If Windows Mail does do what I'm asking, then fine. If not what about alternatives (e.g. t-bird, opera)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Fairly sure that Windows Live Mail does a single receive. It is what my wife uses having moved from OE on XP to Windows 7. She has more than one email account.

Combined view from all sources is ok but are grouped by email account. It is to the to not from that combines them. Thunderbird is the main alternative. As far as I am aware Opera is not similar.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Thunderbird will do it.

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

Thanks guys.

Small correction - I meant to say "In addition to the above, I'm assuming that support for POP and IMAP is a given."

Also

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Batch, Windows Live Mail should do all you want and it does support POP and IMAP accounts.

"All emails from all sources are shown in a combined view."

Each account in WLM has its own Inbox, Sent Items, etc folders. However, there are numerous "Quick View" options top-left of the WLM window that can be enabled to allow you select "All Inbox" or "All Sent Items" so you can see all the messages in a single window.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...