We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

any suggestions for upgrade ?

alchemist014

Likes # 0

i got customized desktop a month ago . and now i want to upgrade it because it's just basic pc ..

the specs are :

AMD A6-3500 Redfox RF-155F1M1 With HD6450D Up to 2GB video card 2GB ddr3-1600 memory WD500GB SATA

need suggestions for upgrading it .. thanks ...

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 1

Better than all the PC's and Laptops I have. Why do ou need to Upgrade it

Like this post
The Kestrel

Likes # 1

The first thing I would upgrade is your RAM, as you only have 2Gb according to your list. Most modern operating systems and programs will work better with more RAM. I'd go for either a total of 4 or 8Gb whichever you can afford.

You can use the scanner at Crucial, the best place to get RAM from, to find the correct type. http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 1

What do you intend to use this for ? And what is your budget ? what OS are you running ? The more info you give us , the more accurate our advice can be .

Like this post
alchemist014

Likes # 0

@woodchip ... thanks

@THE kestrel ... crucial system suggests me to have 32GB ...

@nickf ... online games : dont care about the budget : windows7

sorry but i dont have much knowledge on computers ... T.T

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

What online games, BF3 type or flash games? If you only have a 32Bit version of Windows 7 the 4GB is all you can use. If you have the 64Bit version then 8GB is plenty.

What motherboard have you? as your CPU is entry level Liano APU which is a fusion of CPU and GPU and cannot be considered a gaming processor.Perfect chip for internet, simple desktop work, a spreadsheet or two, word, simple gaming and audio/video playback. So would be very useful to know make and model of motherboard.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

If your going to be playing full on onlinegames like BF3 or Crysis 2 , I would forget what you've got and start from scratch toget anything worth calling a gaming PC . I kow that sounds a little harsh , but unless youstart with a good base , will not matter what else you try adding , it will still struggle toplay top games at decent FPS and quality .

Like this post
alchemist014

Likes # 0

can i edit topic here ?? i'm looking forward for your suggestions and comments.

now, because i have basic pc can i also have basic upgrades with it ...

i just want to play LOL, HON, GC, SF, NFS.

thanks for your concerns.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

i just want to play LOL, HON, GC, SF, NFS.

What are these games?

Like this post
alchemist014

Likes # 0

LOL=league of legends HON=heroes of newerth GC=grandchase SF=special force NFS=need for speed

sorry for having this for my games ...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do