We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I've just installed a 2nd SATA HD - before initialising I have questions...

Graphicool1
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi Guys

I've just installed a 2nd SATA HD - before initialising I have questions:

I intend to clone the old 'C' HD to this new one.

(1) - Does it matter what letter I give the new HD before cloning the 'C' HD to it?

(2) - When I clone the 'C' to the new drive, will it automatically become the 'C' HD?

(3) - If the new HD becomes 'C', does then the old 'C' HD change it's letter to the new 'C' HD's old letter? (complicated)

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Chronos the 2nd

Yes, thanx to you. If you hadn't mentioned HDClone. I would never have completed with Acronis. It might be good, as others have said, but I might never know just how good. If, when a hiccup arises, it doesn't communicate with the user. Having said that, like I commented on above, HDClone too has it's issues.

I guesse at the end of the day they are both after the same thing...our cash! Which as far as it goes, I can't blame them. But in my opinion (speaking as a freeware junkie) a free 1st time trial and next time you buy. would, in this case, be the way to go.

Cheers Chronos the 2nd G1

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 0

I'm not sure it will be a good thing to use the old C drive as a data drive seeing it isn't stable. Personally I'd bin it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer