We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

printer status monitor not accessible

lindaschryver

Likes # 0

I have a new hp laptop with windows 8. My Epspon sx110 printer prints ok when connected through a usb port but I can't access the status monitor to check ink levels etc. I've downloaded the right driver from the Epson website but when I click on the printer icon I get an error message 'can't show the status monitor for this printer'.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Possibly it is not fully compatible with windows 8, however this is the site where you can download the full manual for your printer.

Epson Pronter sx110

Like this post
Bris

Likes # 1

This is a function of the driver. Unfortunately if Epson decide not to build this facility into the driver then there isnt much you can do about it.

I dont know whether your printer is a current model, but its not beneficial to a printer manufacturer to write drivers for newer operating systems for obsolete printers as they would rather you buy a new printer so they dont seem to spend much time in building functionality into drivers for older printers.

Like this post
lindaschryver

Likes # 0

thsnk you - I was already beginning to think it would be easier to buy a new printer!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G3 release date, price, specs and new features 2014

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

NAB 2014: Affordable 4K cameras, boundary-pushing plug-ins & drone domination