We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

This not PC related but thought most would have a go

woodchip
Resolved

Likes # 0

As there are more on hear than other forum possible more than Speakers Corner most likely.

Just bought a Omega Second-hand watch today a SeaMaster Devill Chronometer. Halon Valve button missing but do not know what the two buttons do either side of the winder button, Any Ideas as it work well and vave button is only for if you go deep sea diving, don't think that will come about at any time soon.

Yes Before you all start Shouting at me, I know its a PC Help Room, but I think I have a few friends on hear

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

What are the functions of the pushbuttons on a chronograph?

The push buttons serve to start or stop the function, and to reset the chronograph. Generally, the push button at 2 o'clock is to start and stop the chronograph function.

There are some chronographs with mono-pusher as well in the OMEGA collection

Quotation taken from Omega Support website does this help?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Will have a look but they do not seem to do anything, it as also got three extra dials on it

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

OMG. All chrono's have extra dials.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Btw. It has also, not "it as also" and here not hear.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Looks like the buttons are duff and it needs looking at, but its a screw back so cannot get to see the number inside it

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

You can unscrew the back with a pair of long nosed pointed pliers if you are careful, put a bit of insulating tape over the points so that if you slip you don't scratch it. Nice watch and worth a few bob anyway.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Normally the push-buttons are there to stop and start the timing dials, as chub_tor has said. Without them it's just a watch, albeit a very nice one indeed, so it would be worth getting someone to quote you for a repair.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Your local people to ask are H.L Brown in Sheffield.

I have an Omega watch, I tried to save money by changing the battery myself. It went haywire and Browns had to send it to Switzerland for a service. Cost me £255.

So enjoy it, get Browns to change the battery, and don't mess with it.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

This one is Automatic, Wind it if its been stood for some time to start and set it. What wood it fetch if repaired. Number on Back is 999/655

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

would not wood, I am getting too old to think

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing