We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HELP! Computer locking up and freezing!

BulletXxGamer

Likes # 0

Hi folks,

I have a big problem with my new gaming pc It keeps freezing and locking up. I get Kernel-Power errors on the event viewer. I dont know wahts causing it! (I got a BSOD just after running Orcs Must die 2. It stated: Uncorrectable hardware issue

Heres mt specs:

Case: Zalman Z11 Plus Power Supply: Corsair CX600 600W Processor: Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5Ghz - Highly Overclockable Overclocking: Extreme Processor Cooler: Stock Manufacturer Heatsink and fan RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz/PC12800 Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive 7200rpm 32MB Cache Sound card: Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

Thx!

www.ukgamingcomputers.com is were i got this particular pc from.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You could try Display Manager in Control Panel, see what its like with Graphics Acceleration Turned down, there is a slider in there to do it

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Have you read the thread at the link I posted?

If your overclocking then turn the CPU back to its normal settings.

If the manufacturer sent it overclocked and said it would work -- and it doesn't then send it back.

Like this post
BulletXxGamer

Likes # 0

I bought this pc from ukgamingcomputers and they overclocked it for me so i will talk to them. Also i dont like messing around in the bios and other things. I will try to turn down the graphics acceleration as you said.

Like this post
BulletXxGamer

Likes # 0

Where is display manager is it the display section?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Right lick Desktop/Properties/Settings/Advanced/Troubleshoot

Like this post
BulletXxGamer

Likes # 0

It doesn't let me.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...