We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HELP! Computer locking up and freezing!

BulletXxGamer

Likes # 0

Hi folks,

I have a big problem with my new gaming pc It keeps freezing and locking up. I get Kernel-Power errors on the event viewer. I dont know wahts causing it! (I got a BSOD just after running Orcs Must die 2. It stated: Uncorrectable hardware issue

Heres mt specs:

Case: Zalman Z11 Plus Power Supply: Corsair CX600 600W Processor: Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5Ghz - Highly Overclockable Overclocking: Extreme Processor Cooler: Stock Manufacturer Heatsink and fan RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz/PC12800 Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive 7200rpm 32MB Cache Sound card: Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

Thx!

www.ukgamingcomputers.com is were i got this particular pc from.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

new gaming pc --- Uncorrectable hardware issue

Don't mess with it send it back!

Like this post
BulletXxGamer

Likes # 0

I don't want to send it back! I just want to know whats going on with it! The freezes are not that frequent! I would be happy to look at my logs and anything else!

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Error number on the BSOD? 0x00.....?

Like this post
BulletXxGamer

Likes # 0

I don't really know but it never happened again so its not a big deal.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Without the number it is almost impossible to say what the problem is - see if any errors show in event viewer.

Like this post
BulletXxGamer

Likes # 0

ok here it is : 0x00000124
it was caused by hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Have a read here for what it is and what to try for a start.

but I'm guessing GPU or CPU either way it should go back.

Is it overclocked? crashes on steam games?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You may like to look hear, it may be a Motherboard Problem

Click Hear

Like this post
BulletXxGamer

Likes # 0

Thx for advice! I think it might be overclocking. I will provide any info to help you find out what is happening.

Like this post
BulletXxGamer

Likes # 0

Can i plz get a answer for whats going ON! I realy dont want to send my beast back!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes