We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Vaio Screen Trouble

NeilChhabda9

Likes # 0

For the last 2 days, my laptop screen has been randomly going black. Sometimes it just goes crazy, then completely white. To fix this, I've got to pull the screen towards me, then away from me, and it comes back on. But if I push it too far away, it goes black again, although I can adjust it to my optimal viewing angle. Windows runs perfectly fine, you can still hear videos when the screen is black, mute them, and if you press shift 5 times, stick keys comes on. It's not a build up of charge, as I've tried removing the battery, disconnecting the power and holding the power button down many time. I've scanned the hard drive and there is no problem, and no problems with any drivers. Does anyone know what's causing this? And can someone please tell me the solution?

Sony Vaio VPCCW1S1E Windows 8

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Sounds as if you have a bad connection either to the invertor or screen itself.

Will mean removng the bezel round the screen and checking cable connections

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OxFgMUYeuA shows how to change screen 4 mins in show cable connections

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED