We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 non techncal advice

anne23

Likes # 0

Can anyone tell me if / how I can get rid of the "frequency" tabs in when using IE through the Start screen please. Changing to the Desktop version solves that but makes other issues.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I don't understand the "frequency" tabs. Could you explain further, thanks.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Just found it. It occurs when you click the + sign after right clicking. It's a way of showing you your favourites bar. Simply right click again and the favourites bar disappears.

Like this post
anne23

Likes # 0

Yes, but I want to keep the favourites and not have the others. Is there something I need to switch off / on so they don't get saved or shown?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Right, I've go it now. Open IE in desktop. Tools, Internet options, under the general tab go to browsing history and select the Delete tab. Tick the boxes for,

Preserve Favourite website data.

Temporery Internet files and website files.

Cookies and website data.

History.

Select delete. Now you'll be back on the general tab, tick the box for Delete browsing history on exit, select 'apply' then 'ok'.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Nope, that doesn't work either! The only thing that gets rid of them is in IE, in the tile version, mouse arrow to the right corner, select Settings then Intenet Options and select delete browsing history. You need to do this after every browsing session. Unless I've missed a setting elsewhere.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...