We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Kindle Power Adaptor - no markings

Graham*

Likes # 0

I recently purchased this item from Amazon

It is a mains plug, but doesn't have any markings I consider obligatory, Voltage input/output, milliamps for instance. Surely it is not legalLegal?

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

I have several USB mains chargers. They all seem to be 5v 1amp output. Seems to be the standard.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Not sure about the legality of the item not being marked, but the specifications are on the Amazon page

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Anything here? PDF.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I purchased some 'cloned' sat-nav chargers from the same supplier, which some had markings others did not. One fell to bits on removal from a 240v power socket, so I took it up with the seller. They were totally unaware of the legal requirements,so I took up the issues with the local Trading Standards.

The local Trading Standards contacted the Trading Standards in the sellers district, and an 'advisory visit' was made.

All electrical products in the UK 'must' have regulation markings (but this doesn't necessarily confirm the item as been tested and approved, and the item might be dodgy).

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

legalLegal :-)

In the morning sun and a magnifying glass, I have now spotted the input/output details. Click for picture Thanks for looking.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...