We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Looking for a decent budget monitor?.

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am on the market for a decent budget monitor, and was hoping that any fellow members might have the solution.Price upto/about £110.00

At present I have a Medion 15" crt, and an Acer AL 1913 flatscreen. But now require something for 'aged' computer eyesight.

Ebuyer are offering an Asus VH228D 21.5 LED VGA for £79.98 delivered with good reviews. Wondering if this might fit the bill, or is there something better for the price?.

As usual, any help advice appreciated.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

This is rather tasty. Dell.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Having had a look around on the internet, I have seen the LG D2342P 23" VGA DVI HDMI 3D Monitor IPS based with some good reviews.

What's your opinion?.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

It is a TN screen as opposed to IPS but does give you 3D. From what I have read then The good: The LG Flatron D2342P is an inexpensive way to get 3D on a PC monitor. The monitor showed little to no color tint inaccuracy and dark details can be easily seen in movies. Also, it displays 3D pictures well.

The bad: The D2342P's 3D performance in games includes plenty of ghosting and the 3D lacks depth in movies and games. Colors in games look drab, black looks more like medium gray, and the monitor has a flimsy build quality.

The bottom line: The LG Flatron D2342P offers inexpensive 3D, with disappointing performance. More importantly it is way over your stated budget.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

It is a TN screen as opposed to IPS but does give you 3D. From what I have read then The good: The LG Flatron D2342P is an inexpensive way to get 3D on a PC monitor. The monitor showed little to no color tint inaccuracy and dark details can be easily seen in movies. Also, it displays 3D pictures well.

The bad: The D2342P's 3D performance in games includes plenty of ghosting and the 3D lacks depth in movies and games. Colors in games look drab, black looks more like medium gray, and the monitor has a flimsy build quality.

The bottom line: The LG Flatron D2342P offers inexpensive 3D, with disappointing performance. More importantly it is way over your stated budget.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

The above posted early for some inexplicable reason, what I was going to say was if you are raising your budget by £50 or so then I think there are better monitors out there. Do you particularly want 3D?

Here is another couple or so given your budget increase.

Viewsonic VX2370Smh-LED, Philips Brilliance 248C3LHSB, AOC i2353FH,Asus VE247H.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I am not really bothered about 3D, but the above was on special offer of £83.94 delivered instead of £160/£170, but after posting the above (12.20am) any further transactions were blocked, so it appears by the volume of sales from 3 to 20 in a matter of a very few minutes, the well known store seller realised something might have been wrong with the price and deal. Their other retail outlet on the high street are still offering the same product at the much higher price. Perhaps shot myself in the foot there?.

Due to other sudden urgent issues that have cropped up, I will need to put this on hold for a while.

Thanks again everyone for the input, very much appreciated.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015