We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

help

Boblee

Likes # 0

Hi,I have a E machine T2245, with Windows xp professional,version 2002 somehow my router lost connectivity, so i did some troupleshooting. After that i was not able to get on the internet wireless or by Ethernet. I tried to get in the router via 192.168.1.1 and type admin for username and password still not able to get into router...help please

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

if you have java script turned off in your browser, you will not get to the router settings page

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

woodchip, that's not right. I haven't got any java and can log in to my router and go to the Advanced settings. (I uninstalled Java completely last week)

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

That depends on your router. If I turn off Java my, Netgear router's settings page will not load.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Make and model of router?

Have you tried to reset it by power down and up again or by the rest button?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Are we confusing Java script with Java. I uninstalled Java recently because of security issues - I still have Java script enabled in my browser which is needed for many applications and will result in many websites not functioning properly, including logging onto routers in many cases.

Like this post
xox101

Likes # 0

Reset the router to factory settings, there is normally a small button or pin that you push in to do this. Bear in mind you will need your username and password and if necessary the manual for your particular model.

It is often far easier troubleshooting connectivity problems in a router if the router is as it was when new.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

i did say java script in the browser

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Well, if you will go troupleshooting.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

And start a topic called help. Some people!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

My apologies woodchip, I must take more notice :)

Boblee you could always close this thread and start a new one with more descriptive title then you will attract more forum members to offer advice. It would also help to know what you did that caused problem and what you have done so far or at least the settings or if Network Card shows with yellow triangle in Device Manager. You may need to reinstall the Driver for the Network Card to get the Ethernet working.

You can close thread by clicking on one of the big grey ticks at the right of any post and it will turn green. When page is refreshed the Thread will be marked 'Resolved'

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to upgrade to BT's YouView+ box: DTR-T1000 vs DTR-T2100

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features