We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

routers

FITZSIMMONDS

Likes # 0

In 2007 Zen provided me with a router called SpeedTouch 585. I have now changed to TalkTalk and they have provided a router called HG 523a. [The first cost about £60, the second was free.] Should I bother to change to the new router - is it likely to make things any faster or have any other advantage? Also, I was advised to turn off the SpeedTouch overnight, but TalkTalk say I should leave the HG permanently on. [The Speedtouch does get quite warm by the end of the day.] Many thanks for any advice.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Your choice but the new router way give you higher speed and I prefer to leave always on as it tends to stabilise your line settings. It could take up to 10 minutes after you switch the router on for it to settle.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Six year old technology v up to date technology - no brainer really even without the heating issue.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...