We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

hibernate

Ozy

Likes # 0

my friends desktop (win 7) when he clicks "shut down" hibernate is grayed out, I cannot remember how to activate it. someone remind me please

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Read this JD Roger's reply and below.

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

Ozy,

I can't remember either, but I understand that you have to enable the hibernate feature to be able to use it.

Perhaps a Google of "How do I make my computer hibernate?" would throw up some appropriate information.

Peter.

Like this post
Ozy

Likes # 0

run command prompt as administrator,type powercfg -h on, command prompt says, hibernation failed, an internal system component has disabled hibernation.

I have tried turning of windows firewall,no good, turning of antivirus, no good. I cannot think of another internal system component that it could be.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Did you read all of my link? In particlar:

"In order to see the "Hibernate" option, "Hybrid sleep" must be turned off... Control Panel > Power Options > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings [+]Sleep [+]Allow hybrid sleep The power button can be set from the same Power Options control panel."

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

Does your friend have an SSD fitted to his desktop ? If so , this may be what is causing this . Hibernation , like de-fragging , is not recommended for SSD`s .

Like this post
Ozy

Likes # 0

I turned of hybrid sleep, still cannot get hibernate

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

iTunes 12 release date & rumours: When is iTunes 12 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger