We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Canon pixma mg5450 printer head not moving

amosust

Likes # 0

I just unwrap my new canon pixma mg5450 printer. I have remove all tapes, foreign objects and every plastic. The printer head is not moving for me to put the Catridge. I have also remove the orange lock found when you lift the lid. The printer is showing the error code 5100. I have done all the things about the support code 5100 but nothing. I have tried to call canon but the office is closed. An anyone help me with this issue.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Did you try this

1. Make sure that the power is turned on, then, holding both sides of the paper output tray, gently open it.

1. Lift the operation panel and open until it stops. The print head holder moves to the replacement position.

According to the operating instructions error 5100 indicates that there is an obstruction - possibly due to packaging.

Have you followed the instructions as detailed here. If you scroll to the top it shows you step by step instructions about getting the printer head to move to put in the cartridges.

Like this post
amosust

Likes # 0

I have done that. You can see that the head is trying to move but it got stick. If you move it manually, it comes. When the printer is turn on, the print head moves back to the right and it cannot move back to the left again. It will try for the second time then the error 5100 comes.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Sounds as if printer is dead on arrival. Before doing anything else that could possible invalidate the warranty contact the supplier and seek a replacement.

Like this post
amosust

Likes # 0

I have just called canon and they have given me a ref number for an exchange. Thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room