We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do I need a seperate antivirus program in Virtual XP

chapeau

Likes # 0

I have installed MS virtual machine so that I can run virtual XP to handle some older programs. Do I need to install additional antivirus, and makware programs in the virtual machine.

Like this post
xox101

Likes # 0

Up to you. I never do as it's rare I use a virtual machine to go online but if you plan to use it for internet browsing then I would say yes.

I use Virtualbox so am not sure how well sandboxed MS virtual Machine is. In Virtualbox you have the choice to allow or disallow shared folders between virtual machines and the host system. Shared folders between the two are a way for a virus downloaded in a virtual environment to spread through your network.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Why BlackBerry isn't dead: Firm keeps Mercedes F1 team driving with enterprise package

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...