We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Paper Jammin in Printer

ChestnutToffee

Likes # 0

Hi I have a Canon Pixma MP492 printer that usually works so well. Yesterday after printing two sheets and then an hour so so later, trying to print something else, pink warning light comes on the display saying the paper is jammed. The paper starts to go down to the roller but after a short while, only say 7cm of paper moves and then it stops. The paper is not massively jammed, you can pull it out but there on the base of the sheet is a sort of nitch where it has come into contact with something on the roller. Have searched in many online places seeking advice and received strange "solutions" from switching off the machine and counting to 20 {Absurd in this case] and at the other end, advice is "BIN IT. Certainly it does not appear to be an easy option to attempt to pull the machine apart and examine the roller. I thought I would seek advice on here before I reluctantly do discard it.

Like this post
ChestnutToffee

Likes # 0

Update

Well, shake, rattle and roll and yes, when turned upside down, things did drop out, alas, only a few crumbs!!!! I was surprised to be told that on the Canon Pixma MP492, there is not one long roller the width of the printer, but smaller ones side by side. My Sister could see that one of these rollers, just would not turn and this was precisely in the location of where there was a nitch in the sheet of paper that would not feed through. We also had tried wiz-king's suggestion of a thicker sheet of paper. Thanks Lotvic for saying about your replacement. Thanks as well to Spuds. I am interested in CISS but have not delved into it yet. However,I am far from 100% today, so researching up and down is taking my mind off feeling sorry for myself.

Thank you all again, I always appreciate the help from this wonderful Forum.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite