We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do i download things from this site to my phone?

gazmix

Likes # 0

Hi

How do i download applications from this site to my phone as it doesn't give instructions!

http://www.getjar.com/topapps?ref=0&lvt=1360587793&sid=a4u7vomrrf0mn7n9&lang=en

Do i use a usb cable to transfer after downloading to my pc or do i download to somewhere else?

Thanks

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

Woolwell, is the image link i gave you the same as you saw?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Not the same. I now find that you have to enter W995 and not Sony-Ericsson.

I see the phone came from Hong Kong.

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

Yeh, i bought lots of things from ebay sellers from Hong Kong & the seller has good feedback! Its been sent & i have tracking number!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I gather that you haven't got the phone yet. When you do then use it to connect to the internet (wifi) and then go the sites using the mobile browser.

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

I'll be getting a sim only deal at a tenner a month with more calls & lots of downloadage, prob more than i need!

I can then go online!!

I thought wifi was only if you in pubs or in town where its free!!

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

also, does mms, sms, internet, email all need to be set up or will inserting sim card automatically do that?

Like this post
xox101

Likes # 0

Wifi is an internet connection that is either supplied through your own router and ISP or like you say in bars,coffee shops or wherever you see a sign for free wifi. Bear in mind a lot of these places only allow you access after you have given your email address, name and perhaps telephone number.

Setting up 3g internet access should be straightforward enough provided your sim card is activated. SMS should work out of the box although you may have to enter your message center number depending on who supplies your sim card. MMS may need settings from your provider.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

E-mail will require to be set up.

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

I guess Vodafone can activate mms, sms, email & internet for me as i will be getting a sim only deal with them. How come you said to use wifi to go online to download apps! Is that only because its free & won't eat into my usage!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK