We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do i download things from this site to my phone?

gazmix

Likes # 0

Hi

How do i download applications from this site to my phone as it doesn't give instructions!

http://www.getjar.com/topapps?ref=0&lvt=1360587793&sid=a4u7vomrrf0mn7n9&lang=en

Do i use a usb cable to transfer after downloading to my pc or do i download to somewhere else?

Thanks

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You don't have to use that site for most of those apps and it may be safer to use the official routes. Which phone?

If Android got to Google Play Store and search for the app.

If iPhone go to App Store.

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

Its a SonyEricsson W995, i just bought on ebay. Its a Java based phone.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The most important piece of information the make and model of phone was missing. It uses a proprietary OS. Suggest you find the manual.

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

whats does that mean propriatary os? it says the model below the language & location bit, top right of screen!

i do have the manual to the phone but it says nothing about downloading apps from certain sites??>

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

On the site that you linked to at the top right there is "set your device" which will then display the apps for a phone. Your phone isn't listed so I suspect that there are not any apps on that site for it.

Proprietary OS means that it is just for Sony Ericsson and only certain models. It's an old phone and apps may not be easily available if at all.

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

I took a screenshot of the link i gave & in top right it says my device & there are loads of apps & categories of apps!

I am wary of downloading to a phone in case it messes up my phones software!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/getjar.png/

Is this the page you mean?

Like this post
xox101

Likes # 0

Go to the apps page and click on download again. You will get another box come up with instructions to go to getjar mobile site on your phone browser and enter a number. The number corresponds to the app you want to install. Then follow the instructions on your phone.

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

thanks xox101

is this safe? & i'm guessing no cables needed!

Like this post
xox101

Likes # 0

Should be perfectly safe and no you do not need cables as the install is done from Getjar's mobile site. It's been many years since I ran a Sony Ericsson phone.

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

cheers, was yours a W995 & did it have APPS.

just a few peeps i spoke to say that doesn't support apps!! i understand not in the android way, but just hoping i can get them & they aren't outa date!

I guess any phone, no matter how old it is is still capable of internet if its an internet phone! This is one i bought :- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-Sony-Ericsson-W995-Slide-Phone-Walkman-8MP-GPS-3G-WiFi-Unlocked-Black-/330774403927?trksid=p5197.m1992&trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D5522194685037627100%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D330774403927%26

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite