We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HP Printer copies with black vertical lines

SEAWISE DAVE

Likes # 0

I have a new HP 8600 Pro printer. When making a copy and selecting B&W or Greyscale the resulting copy displays numerous black vertical lines. Lines are quite thin and a small number a bit thicker. The problem occurs when copying both from the ADF and the platten and only when selecting B&W on the printer or B&W/greyscale on the PC. No problem when printing normally from the PC or in selecting colour on the printer. Does this seem like a software/firmware issue?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

No, it sounds more like the black printer nozzles are blocked. This shouldn't happen on a new printer. Try a nozzle deep clean cycle. go to hp support for troubleshooting and if problem still occurs, contact where you bought it from and send it back as faulty.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It may be defective. Suggest that you contact the supplier. See HP support

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Could be dirt/ink on a roller.

Use a suitable cleaning fluid and a lint free tissue and clean as much of the paper path as you can.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

morddwyd, I thought that at first but OP said "No problem when printing normally from the PC or in selecting colour on the printer"

Made me think again though because I took it that it was the text that had streaky lines in. If it is extra ink coming off then seems funny that any residue on rollers is not marking paper when normal or colour printing.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Scratches on Platten

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

wee eddie - Would they show in colour too?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

lotvic

Sorry, missed that.

Like this post
SEAWISE DAVE

Likes # 0

Thanks for the input on this. I printed again and it was OK, but then reverted to a problem next time round! I will get this looked at by retailer - John Lewis so will revert!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?