We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Difference between google & google chrome

ponytail

Likes # 0

Why is it when I use google chrome and want to go back to the search bar there is no back button on google chrome and I have to go right back to the desk top and click on google chrome again yet in google itself I just click on the back arrow and return to the search bar

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Ponytail: you know that you can just type a search term into the address bar on Chrome, and it will search for that term as if you'd used Google?

Not sure where your back button is, though - I'm looking at mine, top left of the address bar...

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It doesn't seem that you have the homepage icon showing on the toolbar. When you shut down Chrome and re-open it then you re-open at the home page which in your case looks as if it is Google search. Clicking on the home page icon would take you back to it. To add the icon click on the 3 barred icon on the far right, choose then under appearance make sure that "Show home button" is ticked.

You can of course type your search in the address bar as Ian in Northampton states.

I fail to understand why your back button cannot be seen. Should be top left.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Perhaps a long shot, but referring to back button, would ponytail mean the two arrows (back/forward button) and one is unusable due to being blanked out?.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi chaps yes the back button / arrow is at the top left corner in google and is highlighted but is not highlighted in chrome

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If you have just opened a page/tab eg Google then it will not be highlighted as there is nothing to go back to.

I'm sorry but I don't understand your problem as following a search my back icon is available.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Ah - I wonder if you click on a search and it opens in a new tab or new window then the forward and back are not highlighted simply because there isn't anything to go back to. However the previous tabs/windows should still be present.

The back button is not in Google it can only be in Chrome.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Me again chaps I click on google chrome Enter web address in search bar Back arrow highlighted Click on relevant site. Back arrow now not highlighted With regards to spuds reply that is it exactly

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Does the relevant site open in a new tab?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I wonder if the settings for new tabs etc need tweaking googlechrometutorial.com

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Google is a Search Engine

Google Chrome is a Browser like IE or Firefox

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...