We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Pictures on DVD

1st spring

Likes # 0

Could you please tell me how do I put pictures on DVD using Windows? I have XP. My friend did it once for me and it was so simple much better than using Nero but now I have forgotten. I do not want my pictures to go on line.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If you have Windows XP then Movie Maker was included with update to SP2. Check to see if you have that. It is simple to use and will allow you to add any pictures your want, put them into a slide show and add audio if you want that too.

Presumably you have a DVD R/W as part of your rig.

Or if you simply want to store photos on DVD Read this

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

chub_tor just a note that XP and XP Movie Maker can't burn directly to DVD, you have to publish to a file on your pc and then use Nero or another DVD burning program.

Despite the 'instructions' on your link, XP does not have built in burn DVD capability and can only burn CDs. XP cannot natively burn DVDs.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

lotvic it is many years since I have used XP so I could well have got it wrong but my second link clearly says that Windows XP has built in support for burning files to optical media, which is why I linked to it.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It might say that, but they got it wrong about XP natively burning DVDs.

Like this post
1st spring

Likes # 0

Maybe I should have used Windows Movie Maker. My friend went through All Programmes last time he helped me in putting pic on disk it was much easer than Nero but I have forgotten how he did it. I was over 3 hrs burning my pic to disk and I can only view them on the PC. The DVD was almost full with my pictures I went through Nero to burn my pic but I did not finalise the disk. Do you think this is why I cannot view on a recorder? When I see Movie Maker I think of video. Do you think I am wrong in thinking this way also when I saw Windows Live gallery I thought they might go on the web which I do not want. Where am I going wrong?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Yes you need to finalise a disc to see it on an external DVD player. Windows Movie Maker is quite happy accepting still pictures to make into a "movie". Windows Live Photo Gallery pictures are not "on the web" they remain on your hard drive unless you choose to share them. See here for a description

Like this post
1st spring

Likes # 0

I put my pictures on the disk using Nero burning ROM 6. I can see the pic on the disk from the PC but not on my DVD player. My DVD player plays + and -. I am using XP, Now I have my pic on a disk how do I go about burning the disk when I have taken the disk out from the PC. When I put the disk back in the PC the pictures show. Where do I go from here to burn to the disk?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

This is how to burn just the Finalise part on the DVD that has your pictures on it.

Instructions from ehow.co.uk

Click "Start," then "All Programs," then "Nero," and then "Nero Burning ROM" to launch the application.

Click "DVD" from the drop-down menu in the "New Compilation" menu and then select the type of disc that you burnt before. Click the tick box next to "Finalize," then click "New."

Insert your DVD that you have already burnt and click "Recorder," then "Burn Compilation." Make sure that "Finalize" is checked and all other options unchecked and click "Burn." If your disc is successful it will now be finalised and ready for use.

If it fails, you will need to burn another DVD using the same data. Making sure that "Finalize Disc" is checked at the beginning and end of the disc-burning session.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow