We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

http://grapeshot.co.uk/

Graham*

Likes # 0

Is this now a universal purveyor of forums? Even my local newspaper is a customer. The Star

Things have certainly slowed down now.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Lost me here.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

grapeshot = ads on page. Grapeshot supplies next-generation keyword-contextual technology for precision targeting and brand safety based on sets of keyword.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Just out of curiosity, does this mean that its another intrusion to the way people want to work and use the internet. Possibly based on further revenue collection for those using Grapeshot?.

Will these lead to further slowness in page opening on websites that use Grapeshot, possibly in combination to other similar 'search or forwarding' programs?.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

spuds

Not for me to say, but where it used to say 'Waiting for pcadvisor' when loading a page, it now says 'Waiting for grapeshot'.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

It will not be long before we are reminded that this site is free, though I have never understood that excuse for intrusive ads as other forums,also free,do not feel the need to alienate their members.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I wasn't actually being curious about the PCA website only, but others as well who seem to be implementing further intrusions to their websites.

My own ISP seems to have increased its advertising, which seems to result in a few extra problems, especially where spamming is concerned.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers