We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Site

TonyV

Likes # 0

Is there a problem with this site? I noticed this afternoon I was really struggling to open the Home Page and now it is taking so long to open any page on the site, I could go and make a cup of coffee whilst I am waiting! I haven't seen anyone else saying there is a problem.

I am using Safari 6.0.2 and OSx Mountain Lion.

TonyV

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Working very quick for me just now.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Jock1e

Have to say it is so slow as to be akin to walking through bitumen! Every other site I have used this evening is extremely rapid, so can't really blame my machine for being the problem. Interesting you are OK. Maybe it doesn't like working on a MAC!

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post
VCR97

Likes # 0

Logging on at about 1800 took several minutes but it's been OK since.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

VCR97

It is taking an eternity to go from page to page. When I post a response, I have to wait a very long time for the revised page to come up! I don't use this Forum so much these days since I got rid of Windows and switched to the MAC, but I am rapidly thinking maybe, just maybe, I should give it a rest for a while and see if performance improves.

Shame really, because there is a lot of useful information available on the site, but if I can't load it there is little point in trying. I also still have a Windows Laptop, so occasionally look in here to see what is happening, but for sometime now it has been difficult to get on and always takes some time to fire up!

TonyV

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I had a problem earlier on. Using Safari?

Site is still poor on an iPad.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I had problems earlier, found that stopping page loading and then reloading page seemed to unglue it from 'waiting for a response from pcadvisor.co.uk'

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

For an experiment today I 'refreshed' Windows 8. The word 'refreshed' doesn't live up to expectations in the normal way..lol. Anyhow PC Advisor was an unbelievable ad infested site. Now I see a grey border but without spywareblaster the borders were red with advertising flashing, or animated, as they do. Unbelievable as it's the first time I've actually seen this kind of advertisement on any site. Certainly an eye opener for me. How newbies can tolerate such a site is anyone's guess.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Spoke too soon, just had a Server Overload warning Crash Protection page come up instead of opening a thread. Wonder if site is under attack again?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Fine here at the moment.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Quite slow for me. The problem seems to lie with idg.grapeshot which is slow responding. Grapeshot used to be a form of scatter gun/shot gun spreading over a wide target and quite nasty. Obviously the name has been chosen to reflect the scatter gun ads spread over a wide target and is painful for the user.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 deals: Find the best contract for your new iPad

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...