We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Database software recommendation to equal that on a Psion palmtop

BrianMaxted

Likes # 0

The Psion palmtop is now out of date but it had a remarkable database facility which whilst was primarily designed as an all encompassing address book one could bespoke by amending/adding parameters for any other data use ie inventory, vehicle/shipping list, plant register etc. Its most remarkable feature was the search facility. It was possible to encompass all or restrict the parameters to be searched and it would show a shortlist on the screen of all the entries meeting the search criteria. I have been unable to find another programme which is so user friendly (I struggle with MS Access and Spreadsheet searching is so cumbersome). I would be very grateful if anyone can suggest an option which ideally could also be used on a smartphone or tablet so that it is as as the Psion. Thank you. Brian MAxted

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I can't help really but Godoogle came up with this, http://community.psion.com/discussions/f/151/t/10885.aspx

Good luck.

Like this post
I am Spartacus

Likes # 0

Although a bit more complex than Psion Database I highly recommend HanDBase

It can be used as a simple flatfile database or a relational database compatible with Access. I currently use it on my iPod Touch but it's available for a number of platforms.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Tech Helproom from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
BrianMaxted

Likes # 0

I would like to thank rdave13 and Spartacus for their wonderful responses both of which were equally helpful. Brian

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...