We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acer eRecovery Manager

Umbrella

Likes # 0

My acer file with eRecovery manager is missing. Does anyone know where can I download it from please.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Either from the Acer website or softpedia.com Acer-eRecovery-Management

Like this post
Umbrella

Likes # 0

I tried Acer website and the only things I can download are drivers, Manuals, and apps such as Acer Updater. Softpedia.com is only for Vista and laptops. My acer aspire X3400 is a Windows 7 Desktop.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

If you have about £60 to spare you can actually buy it from Acer what a rip off.

Did you not download the Disks for it when you bought the Laptop.

Have you upgraded to W/8 or something like that if so you would probably loose it if you did a clean install.

Does it not show in My Computer any more.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Sorry not a laptop should have said Desktop.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Now this is free for 24 hours and not got a clue how good or bad it is as I have never used anything like that.

Maybe have a read first to see if it could help or not.

Click here

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Something else that may come in handy.ISO with SP1

Click here

That may come in handy if you want to reformat or do a system repair at any time.

DVD or Flash drive and choose the same one as you have on the computer.

Like this post
Umbrella

Likes # 0

I have been able to make a system image but not a system recovery because the eRecovery manager is not there. I am now waiting for acer to get back to me. Thanks

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

When My Grandaughters acer went belly up Acer wanted £50-£60 for a replacement CD.

I ended up having to download a W/7 ISO with SP1 on it to put on her new hard drive.

Of course I lost the back to factory settings but at least it was back up and running without having to fork out any payments.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Are you trying to restore to factory settings or restore from the image. (How was the image created by the way?)

When you say the "Acer File with eRecovery manager is missing" are you talking about the All Programs shortcut or has the actual program been deleted? (C:\ProgramFiles\Acer\Acer eRecovery Management)

You can get to eRecovery Management by pressing the Alt + F10 key on start up. (As soon as You see the Acer logo in the POST) From there you should be able to restore to factory settings or from an Acer image.

Like this post
Umbrella

Likes # 0

Taff. The image was created by windows recovery, and Yes the(C:\ProgramFiles\Acer\Acer eRecovery Management)has been deleted. I have done the Alt + F10 key on start up and there is no Acer logo in the POST. Therefore I don't think I can restore to factory settings. Jock1e. Your right Acer does want £56 plus for a CD. Therefore I am taking your advice and downloading W/7 ISO with SP1 from the website you gave earlier. Thanks for that.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G3 release date, price, specs and new features 2014

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

NAB 2014: Affordable 4K cameras, boundary-pushing plug-ins & drone domination