We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

connection lead between vga connector and usb port

Damarc

Likes # 0

Is there such a thing as a connection lead between a piece of equipment that had a vga connector and a tablet that only has a usb connector please?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You do not say what this piece of equipment is. There certainly is a usb to vga lead for attaching a separate monitor to a laptop for example - here.

Like this post
Damarc

Likes # 0

I want to get a surface pro but will have to connect it to an existing projector that has a15 pin connector, the same that used to be for older printers. Thanks for your response. I'm glad there is a suitable lead.

Like this post
Damarc

Likes # 0

CanI add a further question to this? I was looking at these leads on ebay and asked one of the sellers a question about it being suitable for plugging in a projector lead and was told that it would transfer data but not video. Is that correct because sometimes my presentations do have video clips.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

"...and was told that it would transfer data but not video"

A VGA port is for the transfer of the video signal to a monitor or, in your case, a projector. However, although there is a USB/VGA cable available, you need to be sure that it will work without the installation of drivers/software which would normally be written for "Windows".

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

...or does the Surface Pro actually run the desktop version of Windows 8?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'