We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

receive emails but cannot send

bbmf474

Likes # 0

can receive email but cant send Get message - cannot send message using the server david martin The sender address was rejected by server smtp.orangehome.co.uk Have tried connection doctor and its say it connects ok I use an Imac Any help will be gratefully received thanks

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Here is the Orange support page it shows all the settings including the Port numbers. Check if that is what your email is set to and if not click on the Related Articles link to the far right.

Like this post
bbmf474

Likes # 0

dear chub_tor I have visited the page and found nothing obviously wrong There is a place where the account can be deleted (-) and then added (+) Is this an option? Thanks

Like this post
Jollyjohn

Likes # 0

Can you send a message to yourself?

You could try deleting the account and setting it up again, this sometimes helps.

Double check all info, checking for typo's, a missed . or similar can cause problems.

Like this post
bbmf474

Likes # 0

jolly john I cannot send ab email to anyone! However I can send emails using my account on the orange site Is this a clue? thanks

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

heck your email settings for orange here

If outgiong is the problem pay attention to the SMTP settings and port

Like this post
bbmf474

Likes # 0

Thanks to all those who replied. I deleted the account and set it up again Fo some unaccountable reason an address ending in .net should have ended .co.uk (I checked using my laptop settings! I am at a complete loss how this was changed, but I am now back on line Thanks once again

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features