We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to remove Gmail account from tablet?

algernonymous

Likes # 0

Hello all, I was given a brand new Sumvision tablet which I wanted to donate to a charity I work for, however before doing so I thought I'd have a little play on it and one of the things I did was to sign in to my gmail account. I now find it automatically displays my inbox and I can find no way to remove my account. Thanks.

Like this post
algernonymous

Likes # 0

Ok thanks, will give it a go tomorrow.

Like this post
algernonymous

Likes # 0

Well I did it but not exactly sure how. I thought I'd try my 'long-winded' method first just to see if it worked, and I could always use the factory reset method if anything went wrong. So on my PC I changed the password of the Gmail account, then switched on the tablet and opened Gmail on it whereupon it automatically displayed my account but requested the (new) password.

At this point I'd just like to say that when I'd googled for a solution over recent days a lot of people said go to 'Account & sync', click on the account, click on menu and then click on 'Remove account'. But remove account never showed on any list on my tablet. However I thought I'd look again whilst logged out of my account so I went to 'Accounts & sync' then selected my account then tapped the menu and this time 'Remove account' was there. So maybe you need to be logged out to be able to do this. Only thing is I could find no way of logging out before.

Thanks folks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad