We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Photoshop Essentials 11

Diemmess
Resolved

Likes # 0

Years with Corel Photopaint last installed in v.12

Took a deep breath and have just installed Photoshop Essentials v. 11

Gone are the days of Corel v.3 when the disks were many, plus a weighty handbook and even a video tape where "Susan2 took one slowly through all the basic stuff.

I have this horrid feeling that if I want to have an idea of where some of the more useful and exciting things are, I have to wade through help via the website each and every time I want an answer!

I'd rather have a printed manual but that would probably cost as much as the licensed program. Is there no way of downloading good help files in savable PDF format?

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

There a several sites offerring PDF files but they all want payment. have a look with Google.

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Thanks SillBill. I spelled the title wrongly (Essentials for Elements) and was too idle to try Google believing that no one would dare dip a toe in Adobe's waters Try here

Safely downloaded for some study.

It is a free download of the 600 page manual. I still prefer paper, As that is around $25.00 my eagerness is dulled.

Like this post  
SillBill

Likes # 0

Thanks,Diemmess, that was actually one of the first I saw, but I assumed you needed to have an Ebook reader to view it!!

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

At £18 this may be worth a look.

Photoshop 11

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

JB

It says £15.10 which is even better! I really do prefer to be able to flick through a printed book and this is probably not much more expensive than buying 2 reams of paper and probably at least one set of cartridges!!

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Whatever turns you on......

I have twice bought Dummies and been disappointed. In each case I found fundamentals rather than the details I was seeking.

Corel Photopaint has been my best bet as I followed it from v. 3 a version of which a reviewer said at the time. "Do you remember my list of things to do while CorelDrw was [redrawing] printing?". With v.12 I bought a student deal which included neither a manual nor online help. I still use Corel Draw v.12 but have to be careful even with this to avoid a freeze.

Sad, but the days of paper manuals have passed in the interest of lower pricing.

I'm happier with what I now have if only because many of the gizmos I already use, but are named differently. It's just a matter for me to discover the Adobe names for procedures already known and to enjoy finding the new and better ones in Elements.

I could of course make a shortened version of the download...... but I won't even try to put it on paper.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features