We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

google has gone Greek

johnincrete

Likes # 0

I live in Crete, Greece and, up to now, I have had no problems with Google searches. But now, everything is in Greek - logon, search dialogue boxes and search results only find .gr URL's What can I do to tell Google that I want English and .UK or .com results?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Do you still get it if you use Google Uk.

Google Uk

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

At the very bottom of the Google search home page is there a line of text (probably in Greek)? If so the far right one of those should be Google.com - there is on the Google UK page anyway. To get to Google.com you should click on that far line of text as they are links and it might just take you to the Google.com page

Like this post
xox101

Likes # 0

Google seems to have a time limit on when it decides you are no longer a visitor but a resident and then changes it's search page to whatever language it thinks is local. I have a mate who spent three years in Kefalonia and after a few months had the same problem.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Try google.co.uk/webhp?complete=0

When I go to google.gr page is in English and underneath 'Google Search' 'I'm feeling lucky' there is 'Google.gr offered in: Ελληνικ?' and at very bottom right of page a link to go to google.com

All my searches from google.gr return results in English.

I vaguely remember something in the past about setting Language or maybe it was along the lines of not 'automatically find my location' (or both)

Can anyone remember what and where the above settings are?

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...