We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firefox Pug In check not working

Zurdo
Resolved

Likes # 0

I've just updated to Firefox 18.02 and the plug in update checker isn't showing. I reverted to 18.01 and it's not there either anymore. Anybody else having problems?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Works ok for me but I am using W/8 so not sure if that makes any difference.

You click on it and it gives you 5 choices I assume that's the one you mean.

Just pressed the update on it and it updated but said no updates available.Ok.

I suppose you picked the correct update.UK English.

I had a few problems with the 18.01 version realised I had downloaded the English US version on top of the English UK version so not 100% if that was what was causing my problem.

I find Firefox that bit slower since installing version 18.0 I/E works quicker than Firefox now.

Like this post
Zurdo

Likes # 0

Jock1e: The plug in checker is under Tools>Add-ons>Plugins.........at the top is a blue instruction to "check to see if your plugins are up to date" Click here and it opens another window which is supposed to list plugins and the details......whether they are up to date etc. As others have said this page isn't loading correctly at the moment. I always download the latest version (english-gb), then unstall the current one and install the latest. That way I keep a copy to revert to if necessary. Thanks.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Yes that's the one I used and it is working ok for me.

Funny how it affects some but not others.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

I think this latest version (18.0.02) is the first version that hasn't listed plug ins that are not compatible.

So I might refrain from updating any for a while.

Like this post
Zurdo

Likes # 0

It's back to normal today, all fine like it used to be. Thanks to all for the replies.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer