We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firefox Pug In check not working

Zurdo
Resolved

Likes # 0

I've just updated to Firefox 18.02 and the plug in update checker isn't showing. I reverted to 18.01 and it's not there either anymore. Anybody else having problems?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

It is working ok for me.

Try clicking on Help.Then click on troubleshooting information .On the right click on Reset Firefox and see if that helps.

Like this post
Zurdo

Likes # 0

Just checked my wife's computer and update checker isn't working on hers either. Will try your suggestion later, thanks.

Like this post
Zurdo

Likes # 0

Jock1e...............did you click on "check to see if your plugins are up to date"? I'm just getting the page with no plugin details showning.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Well if a reset did not work maybe the best thing to do would be to download Revo Uninstaller.Dot the setting 4 button so that it deletes everything.Unfortunately it will remove your favorites as well.

Then download Firefox again to see if it works.

I would wait and see if others can give you better information first.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

I have just updated to 02 from 01 and under Tools/Add-ons the checker is at the top of the 'Add-ons Manager screen in blue

Never noticed it before, but it's there.

Like this post
Zurdo

Likes # 0

That's the one muddypaws................what happens when you click it?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

what happens when you click it?

In my case another window opens but the plugins are not shown like they used to.

Like this post
Zurdo

Likes # 0

Thanks Pineman.............exactly as in my case. Must be a fault at their end. I'll tick resolved and hope the checker works soon. Thanks to all. :-)

Like this post  
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Zurdo

Sorry--didn't go that far. It is as per Pine Man.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

The blue wording is there but leads to a blank page. There is a thread Firefox support forum that says there is a server problem that they are attempting to address.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...