We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Why does this happen, copy and paste oddity.(only on PCA)?

Chronos the 2nd
Resolved

Likes # 0

Windows fails to connect to System Event Notification Service

Read more: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4207775/windows-fails-to-connect-to-system-event-notification-service/#ixzz2K6yAkq3e

I copied the first bit of the above (Windows fails ETC ETC) to paste in to Google yet the Read more: garbage is added to it. Simple question Why. This is not the first time I have noticed this but put it down as one of the many quirks with this site and a temporary problem. Seems not. Does PCA think this is useful?

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

I have to delete that link every time I try to copy and paste here.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

An explanation of what/how ClickHere

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Where do I find the Host File in W7?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I found a better 'explanation' clickhere

SillBill, I'm still trying to sort it out....

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

lotvic - thanks will go through the second link tomorrow, with a clear head, hopefully!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Chronus In Firefox with Google as default search engine: I find the quickest way to search google with text from pca is to highlight the text then rightclick and choose 'Search Google for ".... ......" and that doesn't get the Read more link in it.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

It makes copying text from a previous post into a new post/reply a bit of a chore, akin to all the red underlined landmines distributed so strategically that you can't just "mouse" from A to B without setting one off!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I don't get those (anymore) hover mouse cursor over one to see the address, it will give you a clue for which .com to block. (this Thread may disappear as did another one on how to block ads)

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

I think I have an ad Blocker in place because these landmines only open a white rectangle with [Ad] in one corner! Still annoying!

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Lotvic

Useful suggestion which also works in IE. Your other link leaves me no the wiser as to PCA reasoning behind this garbage. This should not be a surprise give the spurious reasons given for not allowing forum members to PM or edit a post.

So now it is necessary to play with the Hosts file just to use the PCA forum without yet another niggle.

SillBill

Hosts file location Windows 7 and the Alternate hosts file

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote