We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Noisy computer or maybe fan

graham12

Likes # 0

Morning all this morning I switched my computer on to be greeted with a very load noise my first thought was that it might be the fan, upon inspection I noticed a lot of dust had built up so this was quickly cleaned.

I then tried starting again only to be greeted with the same noise so this time I took out the fan to give it a good claen as there was quite a lot of dust.

after putting the fan back into computer it will not start, so my question is will the computer switch on if the fan is broken or could it be something else altogther.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Maybe do a sfc /scannow in command prompt to see if it finds any problems, and check device manager for any yellow exclamation marks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback