We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Archos XS Tablet Authentication Problem

northumbria61
Resolved

Likes # 0

A friend of mine has just purchased the Archos 10inch XS Tablet. Wi-Fi Networks are available and his BT connection is shown in the list on the tablet but won't connect. He keeps getting Authentication Problem. It should connect automatically. When he tries to add a network it won't accept his password which he knows is correct. Signal strength is showing Excellent with WPA/WPA2PSK security. Any ideas please?

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Try switching off the security on your Network OR enable ONLY WEP, see if that helps.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Sorted for him. The tablet was asking for the password which he assumed was the same as for the Router but it was the Wireless Key that was required. Now connected.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Little things, BIG problems, lol!!

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

SillBill - turned out to be easy in the end. It suddenly occurred to me what it may be but I should have had my thinking cap on earlier. There is one satisfied friend tonight.

Like this post  
isabel1999

Likes # 0

where is the Network OR enable ONLY WEP? im lost

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

isabel - is your Wi-Fi turned on in your settings App.? (Home page of your Archos) If so you should see your Router in that list. Also down in right bottom corner of screen you should have a "fan" like icon which shows the strength of your connection.

If you open Settings (on your home page) Wi-Fi shows at the top left of that list and your Router should be listed in the right side of that page. If it is touch on your Router and it will show you your Status, Signal Strength, Link Speed, Security and IP address.

The security WEP or WPA whichever you choose is setup in your Router.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

iTunes 12 release date & rumours: When is iTunes 12 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger